Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Intro Letter

Hello, my name is Elizabeth Campos, I am from Mexico and I came to the United States approximately eight years ago. My family decided to come here because they wanted a better future for my brothers and me. When we got here, I felt afraid; it was a new country and a new language. Learning English has been a difficult experience for me; since learning a new language is a little difficult when people are old. However, I knew that English was not going to be a barrier for my future. So, I started high school in Escondido and then I moved to Murrieta where I graduated from there with a high GPA. Now, I am a third year student at Cal State San Marcos trying to be a wonderful and helpful Spanish teacher. Even though, I am not the greatest English writer, I am working for a dream that hopefully with courage and determination I am going to accomplish it very soon. 
Since, I want my class to be fun and excited, technology is something that I would like to learn well to implement those skills in my class. But, most importantly I want to be computing updated. Even though I know the basics about computers, I like learning new skills because I know they would help me some day. Therefore, being in this class is going to be a wonderful and a good learning experience where I will be able to learn and develop new abilities.
After reading the College of Education Mission Statement, and reading that they are “committed to diversity, educational equity, and social justice” is something that appeals to me since we live in a multicultural country. When I got into college, I thought that as a teacher, one should not see skin color. Now, my mind has changed. Now, I think that every teacher should see color; otherwise, it is unfair for other students. In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with seeing color, instead teachers need to help students find their own identity and know about their culture. It is important that us, as future teacher, know how to help students feel part of our future classrooms since it is important in order to be good instructors.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Elizabeth,
    I think it is really inspiring that although you were afraid to learn english, you didn't let it become a barrier to a successful future! Although I wouldn't consider myself bilingual, I think I can speak spanish at a conversation level well, and I wish I had more peers to speak it with!
    Hope you enjoy this class, and good luck becoming a spanish teacher :)

    ReplyDelete