Monday, September 27, 2010

School 2.0 Reflection Tool (NETS-T 1)

(NETS-T 1)Facilitate and Inspire Student Learning and Creativity:
For this assignment, I had to go to the School 2.0 site. I used the reflection tool to self-assess my level of skill in technology. I had to answer the 20 questions based on the four standards for NETS-T. For each of the questions, I had to base them on current level of tech savvy and ability to do it in a classroom. After I got the results I had to investigate one of the resources and learn about it so that I could report it to class.







NETS-Ts 4, module Promote and Model Digital Citizenship and Responsibility
 
I chose this standard because I thought it would be good to learn about how teachers can facilitate equitable access to digital tools and resources. In addition, I chose it because I want to learn and implement all new ideas to help my students as much as I can.

By researching more about this NET S-T 4, I learned about Universal Design for Learning (UDL), which is a set of principles for curriculum development that give all individuals equal opportunities to learn.

Since classrooms are highly diverse, according to this article, curriculum needs to be designed to meet this diversity, and teachers need to start using UDL. UDL is an approach to curriculum that minimizes barriers and maximizes learning for all students.

Therefore, I really liked this research because it teaches teachers how to use a UDL. So, if teachers implement lessons according to the UDL guidelines, teachers have the opportunity to provide flexible instructional materials, strategies, etc in order to help students learn better.

Overall, Universal Design for Learning proposes that multiple methods of representation, engagement and expression promote learning for all students.

No comments:

Post a Comment